Terms and Conditions
Kindly take notice that Business Plan Creators (Hereinafter referred to as “BPC”) has a set of terms and conditions that focus on creating Business Plans and any other services we offer that is fair and reasonable to both the client and BPC and which will aim to improve project efficiency and the quality of BPC’s service. These terms and conditions will become legally binding on the clients on any projects where the Pro-Forma invoice have been sent to the client, and related deposits paid by client, or a written “go ahead” is given on initiating a business plan in any form of written communication and/or correspondence by the client to BPC.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions.
The client hereby acknowledges, consents and confirms having read the contents of the below terms and conditions and understands the obligations and implications the terms and conditions have on the relevant parties. The client further confirms having read and understanding the points which include practical and operational constraints between the relevant parties.
BUSINESS PLANS AND FINANCIAL PROJECTION MODELS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE:
The Client hereby acknowledges, accepts and confirms understanding that:
- All content generation for projects will be the responsibility of the client.
- If a client cannot email content to BPC, then arrangements can be made by BPC to courier the documents and files directly to our office at the client’s expense.
- BPC’s office hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm, excluding public holidays, Consultants are only available within office hours.
- If the project scope does not specifically mention a service or deliverable, then a client should assume that it is included. If the Client is unsure then they must ask BPC to confirm its inclusion as to avoid incorrect project scope assumptions.
- BPC is not financiers and does not offer financial advice to the scope to ensure that the prepared Business is viable or feasible, however BPC and its representatives will provide insight and suggestions to the represented client on the basis of our understanding, experience and knowledge to ensure that all reasonable items has been taken into consideration for the preparation of the Business Plan and Financial Projections. Although BPC has been hired to draft a Comprehensive Business Plan and Financial Projections on behalf of the client, it solely remains the client’s responsibility to ensure that all information discussed in the Business Plan and Financial Projections model is accurate to the best of the client’s knowledge. BPC cannot and will not be held responsible for any inaccurate information after the client’s sign off and BPC cannot guarantee the client’s guaranteed success in obtaining finance, securing rental space or attracting potential investors. BPC renders a professional service based on years of experience, knowledge and our understanding of the business industry – therefore we will always strive to ensure that your Business Plan and Financial Projections model is prepared in such a way that it gives you the best possible chance of securing your desired objective, however, the client needs to fully understand that its full support and co-operation is required throughout this process to ensure that we possess all the required information and supporting documentation throughout this process.
- All Business plans require a minimum of a 60% deposit of the project value with the final 40% to be paid 12 hours to the presentation of the first draft of the plan.
- If BPC cannot get hold of the client in any way whatsoever alternatively if the client does not provide any written feedback within 20 working days of the last change request, causing the project to stall in any way whatsoever, then BPC will mark the project as dormant and accordingly the dormant project will be removed from BPC’s system.
- All invoices and/or quotations are valid for a maximum period of 30 calendar days and further that if invoice deposits have not been attended to after this expiration date then the quotation / invoice may be cancelled, and a new quotation and invoice may apply.
- If the project is dormant for a period of more than 3 months, then the project will be terminated and all files will be removed from BPC’ network and all costs paid by the client to BPC will be forfeited due to the Clients breach of the terms and conditions without prejudice to any other claims BPC may have against the client for damages.
- If a client chooses to cancel the project within the 5 (five) days cooling off period, then a R1,400.00 administrative fee will be deducted and the balance of the paid deposit with be refunded to the client within 30 (thirty) days.
- If a client chooses to cancel the project after the 5 days cooling off period, then the deposit will be not refundable and shall be accordingly forfeited against administrative costs plus any further collection, administrative and possible legal costs.
- In all project cancellations, all project versions will stay the copyright and property of BPC. Any copy, distribution or use of any of the cancelled project assets will constitute a copyright violation and BPC reserves its right to take any further legal action against the client for any damages suffered in any form whatsoever.
- Once the project has been completed and fully paid for then all generated source files and exported files will be copyright of the client (Word and PDF versions is the only versions that is available to client). BPC cannot hand over copyright to any assets BPC doesn’t have copyright to, for example, but not limited to, open source software or design assets. All software, imagery or any other assets licensed by BPC on behalf of the client can be used by the client in accordance with that asset’s terms and conditions.
- The clients project will be initiated after all the required information / supporting documentation has been obtained from the client.
- All projects include 30 days change request limit and that a change request is a change, requested by the client, of, but not limited to, layout, imagery, text or other elements to the first concept of a deliverable or service. Change request limits may be lifted on projects where previous written arrangements have been made by BPC to the Client.
- It is in the client’s own interest to give the most accurate, helpful and timely feedback possible.
- Sign off is the act where a client accepts, via email, fax or any other written format that can be stored and archived, a service as 100% completed to their initial requirement and to their ultimate satisfaction thereof. It will be accepted that the client has unconditionally agreed to such sign off if no further response is received from the client within 48 working hours after a project has been presented (whether in person, via email of fax) to the client.
- Once a client gives a sign off on a project, then the project is declared and deemed as finalized. Any change requests on a signed off project will be quoted for at an hourly rate unless within the free change request period.
- It is the sole responsibility of the client to ensure that all aspects of a project and/or service are 100% accurate before giving a sign off.
Websites and Hosting
After a test link have been sent to the client, the client will have a 2 week period for amendments, within scope. If no feedback is received from the client within this period, the website will be assumed signed off.
When the final changes have been made and final payment has been done, the site will be made live, where the client will have a final period of 2 weeks for amendments, within scope.
Once the website has been completed, BPC will not be held responsible for:
- Creating back-ups of the website
- Repair the site due to client error
- Software updates on the website
If hosting is done through BPC, hosting fees need to be paid each month to avoid suspension on the website and hosting. BPC has the right to disable the site and hosting at any time due to non payment or security risks to the server.